The Editorial Board of the Oriental Geographer, a referred journal seeks to publish scholarly articles that will interest a large number of geographers. All manuscripts submitted for consideration of publication should be send to the Editor, Oriental Geographer, Department of Geography and Environment, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh. The following should be observed in the preparation of the manuscript.
- MANUSCRIPT FORMAT: manuscript should be in English and should be typed double spaced, with sufficient margins and on only one side of paper. The text should not normally exceed 6000 words. Each manuscript should have a title page including, in addition to title of the manuscript, the name (s), the rank (s) and the institution (s) of affiliation of the author (s). Authors must use metric system of measurement units, but may show other units in parenthesis.
- ABSTRACT: Each article should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 200 words. The Abstract, typed double-spaced, should summarize the main point the article or contain five or fewer key words.
- REFERENCES: All references should be cited in the text by typing in parentheses the last name(s) followed by the year of publication with pagination, if appropriate. Two or more cited publications by the same author(s) that were published in same year should be distinguished by a, b, c, etc. after year, for example (Curry 1984b). Please do not use ibid, op.cit, loc.cit., supra, or infra, instead show subsequent citation of the same source in the same way as the first citation, all cited references should be arranged alphabetically by author’s last name at the end of the text, under the heading ‘References’. This list should give the full name(s) of the author(s), publication date and title of work. For books, the place of publication and the publisher’s name should be given. For articles the name of the periodical, volume number and inclusive page should be given. Examples may be seen in this Journal.
- NOTES: Informational or explanatory footnotes are not generally encouraged. However, if they are unavoidable or essential, they should be limited to comments and explanations. These should be cited in text as an affixed number and such notes should be sequentially arranged at the end of the text, but before ‘References’. These notes should not used to cite reference to the literature.
- ILLUSTRATIONS: All illustrations should be ready for reproduction and should be numbered sequentially with Arabic numerals (e. g. Figure 1) and the number should be pencilled lightly on the back of illustration. All illustrations should have captions, which should be typed on separate sheet. Photographs should be in the form of glossy prints.
- TABLES: Tables should be typed on separate sheets, and should be numbered sequentially with Arabic numerals (e.g. Table 1) and have captions. Indicate the proposed location of the table in the text.
- MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION: Two copies of the manuscript in A4 size paper typed in Microsoft Word should be submitted. In addition, soft copies are welcome.