|Course ID||Course Name||Instructor||Room Number||Time|
|GETh 106||Fundamentals of English Language||Md. Ali Rezwan Talukdr||203||1:30-4:50 P.M. (Sunday)|
1. Basic Grammar and Sentence Skills; Verbs and tenses; Subject Verb Agreement; Phrases and Clauses; Various sentence-construction problems (run-ons, comma splices, fragments, parallelism errors etc); Punctuation marks
2. Reading Skills; Skimming and scanning; Predicting, Inferring, Analyzing and Interpreting variety of Texts; Speed Reading
3. Listening Skills; Comprehensive and Constructive Listening; Critical and Critical Constructive Listening; Empathetic and Synergistic Listening.
4. Writing Skills; Prewriting Techniques. Cohesion and linking ideas together; Descriptive, Narrative and Argumentative writing styles; Writing Paragraphs using topic sentence; Writing Essays using thesis statement; Writing Abstract and Summary; Writing Research Papers and Proposals.
5. Speaking and Presentation Skills; Techniques of Avoiding Stage Fear. Impromptu speaking, Memorized Presentation, Manuscript-Reading and Extemporaneous Presentation. Seminar Presentation; Methodological Steps toward Proper public speaking; Informative and Persuasive speeches; Speeches of special occasions; General Interview and Job Interview Techniques.
6. Developing Geographic Language and Vocabulary; Skill-development in Geographic Expression, Observation, Composition and Report Writing; Language of maps
7. Miscellaneous issues; Familiarizing students with SAT, IELTS and TOEFL systems