|Course ID||Course Name||Instructor||Room Number||Time|
|GETh 104||Introduction to Human Geography and Environment||Dr. Kazi Md. FazlulHaq||203||9:00-9:50 A.M. (Monday), 11:00-11:50 A.M. (Thursday)|
1. Meaning of concepts: Geography, Human Geography and Human Environment: Subject matters and Scope of Human Geography; Human geography and its branches; Development of Human Geography: A historical perceptive
2. Relationship between Human Geography and Human Environment: Development of Human Society; Man and Environment Interaction Evolution of Human Society
3. Human Population: Distribution; Factors for Population Distribution; Population Distribution: – Global, Regional and National; Population and Development.
4. Resources and Wealth; Meaning and Concepts of Resources and Wealth; Types and Characteristics of Resources; Alternative Resources
5. Economic Activities and PCE Mechanism: Factors of Production; Economic Activities (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and Quaternary); Production, Consumption and Exchange (PCE)
6. Human Settlements; Basic Concept of Human Settlements; Types and Characteristics of Settlements
Taaffe, Edward E.J. (eds.) Geography; Prentice Hall, N.J.
Mirshull, Roger M.: The Changing Nature of Geography.
Chorley, R. And Peter Haggett (ed.): Models in Geography.
Hagget, P.: Locational Analysis in Human Geography.
Harvey, David. Explanation in Geography
Norton, W. Human Geography
Hagget, P Geography: A Modern Synthesis
Dictionary of Human Geography
James Bird: The Changing Worlds of Geography
TIM Unwin: The Place of Geography
Arild Holt-Jensen: Geography-History and Concepts (2nd ed)